Saturday, March 15, 2008

Entrepreneurachauns



Saturday was the Country Living Women Entrepreneur Event in Chicago at the Renaissance Hotel. It was also Chicago's St. Patrick's Day Parade. As I walking to the hotel surrounded by a sea of people wearing the green, I was slightly bummed to be missing Chicago's best party of the year. It didn't last long, though. . . I had an amazing time even without green beer. So sad that Erin couldn't be with me, especially when I saw all the nervous women who had "pitched" their products to CL. Couldn't help but think of our "pitch" last year!  

One of the highlights this year was the panel that included the 2008 Country Living Women Entrepreneur Honorees.  Just loved seeing Mia Galison of eeBoo . . . her toys have saved me from so many birthday gift dilemmas.  Monique Greenwood of Akwaaba Bed & Breakfast Inns was so funny and honest.  She has inns in Brooklyn, Cape May, D.C. and New Orleans.  Ann Marie Craig had pitched with us last year (I definitely remember meeting her) and her Century Farmhouse soap is heavenly.  We were lucky enough to get some in our SWAG BAG.  

I was so pumped hearing all of these amazing success stories that I forgot to look down when I left and see the Chicago River dyed emerald green.   Happy St. Patty's Day.

No comments: