Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Christmas in July... or is it back to school?

Just got our first internet order for Christmas dresses. Love, love, love the Christmas playdate fabric, and this mom put it in two ringlet dresses (sleeves on Christmas dresses rock in this part of the country) for her two girls. I'm just hoping she's taking Christmas pictures in July and that she will be sending me a copy soon.

I'm not thinking much about Christmas, but it is only July 2nd, and I have to admit that I bought Maggie and Henry's back to school bags already. Laney and Charley in IL just got out of school a few weeks ago, but we have been out in SD since May 21 and the kids go back on August 20. Henry starts kindergarten; so, I had to find the right backpack for him and lunch box - he is allergic to wheat so I pack lunch every day.

Maggie, also known as the girl who will no longer wear dresses (thank goodness we make skirts), had to have a messenger bag this year - ditching the backpack must be a right of passage for third graders.
Okay, so I also bought three shirts with Maggie's messnger bag. Have you seen the super cute Junk Food shirts at the Gap? Had to order a couple Star Wars ones for Henry and a Snoopy one for Maggie. There was one with Smurfette on it, and I pointed at it and said, "Have you ever seen this show - 'The Smurfs?'" She looked at me and said, "No. And, I hope I never do."
She's smurfing out on something ... isn't she?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
So fun to read your blogs. Kathryn starts kindergarten and I decided that she needs another one of your skirts for the first day of school. The problem - she can't decided which fabrics to use (she likes them all). She is having fun changing all the fabrics on the computer to find the perfect skirt. Missing you in the Black Hills. Ashley R-C

Anonymous said...

Ashley - Kathryn picked great fabric combos! I hope she loves her skirt. Send me a picture of her first day of school. Miss you all too - are you coming to Aberdeen for Gypsy Days? You have a place to stay!